What has the CDU been doing lately? In order to ensure that the FSU is more transparent and open to member engagement, the CDU has organized to propose a number of initiatives passed by union members:
- Introduced and passed a motion to establish an organizing committee and fund an organizer. We believe the FSU should devote more of its limited resources to organizing and mobilizing members. This motion instructs the FSU to establish an organizing committee that will oversee the hiring of an organizer — by buying out one course of an NTT faculty, who will then be released to help organize the FSU. (Fall 2018)
- Introduced and passed a motion to more fully explore options for increasing equity in dues payments. This motion seeks to achieve greater equity in union dues by developing a tiered structure that ties the amount one pays to salary levels. (Fall 2018)
- Introduced and passed a motion to examine the FSU budget process in order to ensure that members not only have earlier access to the proposed budget, but that there is a process to better enable member feedback and contributions. Members need to understand and shape how their dues are being spent. (Fall 2018)
- Requested that the FSU Executive Committee post minutes from General Assembly meetings publicly on the website in a timely manner. (Fall 2018)
- Introduced and passed a motion for the FSU to publicize the policies it passes. Members need to be aware of the policies that guide the FSU (for policies as of Spring 2018, click here).